November 28, 2022
Holiday shoppers looking to purchase arts and crafts as gifts can stop by the Hyatt Centric Philadelphia this weekend.
The hotel's Holiday Makers Market features handmade items, jewelry, cards, gourmet wines and olive oils from about two dozen artisans, crafters and small businesses. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. It is free to attend.
Shoppers can sip complimentary cups of hot cocoa at Patchwork's hot chocolate bar, with boozy options available for an additional fee.
The Rittenhouse Square hotel has decked out its Alexander Ballroom, the site of the market, in holiday decor. A live DJ will play holiday music as people shop.
Here are the featured vendors:
• Philadelphia Bee Co.: Local beekeeper with honey and beeswax products
• Flourish and Charm: Botanical jewelry for dressing up household plants
• Honey Rose Botanicals: Handcrafted sustainable bath and body products
• Shipwreck Press: Small-batch paper paper cards and prints
• Moon Child Vintage: Local vintage shop
• Growies Planters: Ceramic planters for small plants
• Cynful Bliss: Liqueur-infused desserts
• Blob Blob Studio: Handcrafted jewelry with crystals
• Nyambi Naturals: Natural bath and body products
• Color & Flame: Small-bath soy wax candles
• Gritty City Winery: Old Kensington-based small-batch winery
• Bellemille: Tuscan extra virgin olive oil
• Hevadeer Designs: Prints and cards
• Silently Loud: Customized bags and accessories
• G + Rizz: Minimalist holiday cards and stickers
• Off Belay Bags: Retired rock-climbing ropes transformed into accessories
• TYST: Ceramics, mirrors, and accessories with swirl designs
• Shop Jenron: Upcycled vintage garments
• Maker Missya: Handcrafted cement planters and home goods
• Design History Files: Curated housewares and decor
"We're honored to collaborate with such an immensely talented spate of Philadelphia makers and artists for our first ever Holiday Makers Market," said Elizabeth Fricke, director of sales and marketing at Hyatt Centric Center City. "Our goal is to provide a one-stop shop for all your gifting needs this holiday season. We can guarantee there's something for everyone on your list, from plant enthusiasts, to foodies, to wine lovers, and more."
There are plenty of ways to shop local this holiday season. Check out another holiday market in Roxborough, a two-day market from Now + Then Marketplace in Northern Liberties, seasonal attractions at Christmas Village, and the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market at Dilworth Park.
Saturday, Dec. 3, & Sunday, Dec. 4
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday | Free
Hyatt Centric Philadelphia
1620 Chancellor St., Philadelphia, PA