September 21, 2022
Independence Blue Cross is now accepting applications for its 2023 Clinical Care Innovation Grants from health systems and large specialty groups that are in the Independence network and have a value-based contract. Five grants (with an average of $200,000 per grant) will be announced and awarded in 2023. Submissions are being accepted through November 3, 2022.
The grants, which were awarded for the first time in 2021, are intended to foster innovative approaches to care delivery that can help improve the health and well-being of Independence members and the community at large.
“We are proud to again be accepting applications for our Clinical Care Innovation Grants and look forward to seeing this year’s submissions,” says Rodrigo Cerdá, M.D., MPH, senior vice president of Health Services and chief medical officer at Independence. “Past grant winners have already reported positive results, showing that the work these grants support can make a real difference in patient care and outcomes.”
Health systems and large specialty groups applying for a Clinical Care Innovation Grant should submit ideas that focus on:
• Being new and innovative, such as approaches that leverage technology and virtual care
• Expanding access to health care, including approaches that bring care to the home setting if needed
• Improving quality of care delivery along with advancing health equity and behavioral health
• Enhancing the patient experience
• Lowering health care costs
To learn more about the Clinical Care Innovation Grant Program, including specific information on the criteria and submission process, visit ibx.com/ccigrant.