April 19, 2016
During the Andy Reid era in Philadelphia, the Eagles' locker room was set up so that each positional group sat together. The quarterbacks were over here, the defensive backs over there, and so on.
When Chip Kelly came to town, he mixed it up.
Andy Reid Jr. Doug Pederson is back, the lockers are back to positional groups again. Pederson actually mentioned it Tuesday in his pre-draft presser. "I think it's important to (arrange the players) by position group in the locker room, so that they kinda hang," said Pederson. "The locker room is a unique area. It's easier for (the media) when you're in there during the season."
He's right, actually. It is helpful for the first week or two before you learn where the new guys are. Anyway, I map out the Eagles' locker room every year on the first day we have locker room access. Some people like it. Others think it's dumb. If you're among the "it's dumb" crowd, you're terrible and I hate you.
|Left side||Camp body row 2||Camp body row 2||Right side|
|Steven Means||Jason Peters|
|Travis Long||Allen Barbre|
|Najee Goode||Jason Kelce|
|Jordan Hicks||Brandon Brooks|
|Nigel Bradham||Lane Johnson|
|Empty stall||Ping pong room|
|Empty stall||Deontae Skinner||Brett Boyko||Ping pong room|
|Mychal Kendricks||Brandon Hepburn||Malcolm Bunche||Matt Tobin|
|Bryan Braman||Stefen Wisniewski|
|Ryan Mathews||Michael Zordich||Empty stall||Josh Andrews|
|Ryan Mueller||Empty stall||Empty stall||Barrett Jones|
|Darren Sproles||Ross Scheuerman||Empty stall||Dennis Kelly|
|Kenjon Barner||Andrew Gardner|
|Kevin Monangai||Empty stall||Empty stall||Beau Allen|
|Brent Celek||Chris Pantale||Ken Bishop||Marcus Smith|
|Zach Ertz||Empty stall|
|Trey Burton||Fletcher Cox|
|Jonathan Krause||Brandon Graham|
|Chris Givens||DaVaris Daniels||Travis Raciti||Taylor Hart|
|Nelson Agholor||T.J. Graham||Empty stall||Connor Barwin|
|Jordan Matthews||Xavier Rush||Empty stall||Vinny Curry|
|Freddie Martino||Bennie Logan|
|Josh Huff||Empty stall|
|Rueben Randle||Empty stall||Empty stall||Denzel Rice|
|Bathroom||McLeod Bethel-Thompson||Empty stall||Randall Evans|
|Ryan Quigley||Ron Brooks|
|Caleb Sturgis||Ed Reynolds|
|Donnie Jones||Chris Maragos|
|Training room||Rodney McLeod|
|Training room||Eric Rowe|
|Jon Dorenbos||Nolan Carroll|
|Cody Parkey||Jaylen Watkins|
|Empty stall||Malcolm Jenkins|
|Chase Daniel||Leodis McKelvin|
|Sam Bradford||JaCorey Shepherd|
• Hey look... The Eagles left an empty stall next to Sam Bradford and Chase Daniel. Wonder what that could mean.
• There were also two empty stalls found in the linebacker section, one among the defensive backs, and one among the defensive linemen. I'm torn on whether there's anything to read into that. It's more than likely meaningless, but certainly the Eagles could use players at those spots.
• Connor Barwin formerly had the Sam Bradford spot, while Jason Kelce had the JaCorey Shepherd spot. Those are easily the two best locker room stalls in the room. Barwin isn't thrilled. Shepherd must be feeling good about himself.
• The offensive linemen seem to be lined up according to projected starters at the top right. Allen Barbre would be at the "left guard" in this scenario over Stefen Wisniewski.
• My pick for most likely "camp body row" player to make the team: Malcolm Bunche.