September 11, 2016
The Philadelphia Eagles and Cleveland Browns released their inactive lists for their Week 1 matchup at Lincoln Financial Field. Here's who won't be active this afternoon:
• WR Bryce Treggs: Treggs, aka the guy who took the legend Paul Turner's roster spot, is out with a knee injury.
• TE Trey Burton: Burton sustained a calf injury late in the week leading up to game day.
• OL Dillon Gordon: Gordon is a versatile player the Eagles want to develop over time, but he'll be active Week 1, and likely for a while. Some wondered if Gordon could be the primary fullback. Look for DT Beau Allen to fill that role.
• OL Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Again, Vaitai is a project at this point, unlikely to see the field barring injuries.
• OL Isaac Seumalo: This is a surprise. Seumalo was a potential starter a couple weeks ago, but he'll watch Week 1 from the sidelines.
• OL Josh Andrews: Aaaaaand that makes four offensive linemen who are inactive.
• S Terrence Brooks: Brooks was a late addition to the roster when the Eagles claimed him off waivers a few last Saturday.
• WR Josh Gordon: Gordon was reinstated back into the league, but he will still have to serve a four game suspension to start the 2016 season.
• DE Desmond Bryant: Bryant led the Browns a season ago with 6 sacks. He tore his pectoral muscle and was placed on IR, ending his season.
• OLB Armonty Bryant: The Browns' other Bryant was suspended for four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs. He was second to Desmond Bryant last season with 5.5 sacks.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski
Like Jimmy on Facebook.