May 27, 2016
Welcome to the latest installment of PhillyVoice’s “This Week in Philly” Quizzo round feature.
Each Friday, we’ll offer trivia questions from stories we’ve covered over the course of the past week. Sure, the only prize is the personal pride of not scrolling down to the bottom of the story to see the answers before thinking of them yourselves. But that counts for something, doesn’t it?
So with no further ado, here are 10 questions about the people, places, events and more that made the past week so special.
1. In what local municipality was Regina Price recently named police chief?
2. Fill in the blank: “Pending legislation that would legalize ridesharing services in Philadelphia no longer provides an immediate revenue source for _________________.”
3. What television show did more Philadelphians watch via Comcast On-Demand than any other?
4. According to a Pew Research Center study, what percentage of older millennials (between the ages of 25 and 34) lives at home with their parent(s)?
a) 9 percent
b) 19 percent
c) 29 percent
d) 39 percent
5. What Philadelphia museum will host a botanical drawing class and cocktail workshop on June 9?
6. According to Philadelphia Finance Director Rob Dubow, what is the lowest level (in cents) at which the soda tax could be set in order to still procure bonds needed to fund the initiatives involved?
7. What do Aditi Sridhar (Garnet Valley Middle School), Aakash Narayan (Great Valley Middle School), Saif Siddiquee (Penn Alexander School) and Shruthika Padhy (Bret Harte Elementary School) have in common?
8. What personal announcement did YouTube stars and Philadelphians Jesse Wellens and Jeana Smith make last week?
9. What Phillies player got pulled from a game against the Detroit Tigers for failing to run out a ground ball?
10. What local coach did the Eagles bring in to talk to players and coaches as part of the team’s offseason program?
Bonus Question: Who said this Quote of the Week? "Emerging science has proven what many of us have known for years, teenagers need more sleep than they are getting.”
6. 2.5 cents
Bonus Question: State Rep. Tim Briggs (D-Montco)