September 23, 2020
Gyms and fitness centers are open again in Philadelphia, although with new health and safety guidelines due to COVID-19, but maybe you're not ready to go back to a traditional gym setup yet.
The gym announced it's transforming 23rd Street Armory into a workout facility with more than 14,000-square-feet of open space.
The Revolutionary-era Armory boasts soaring ceilings, a massive open entryway and a ventilation system that provides fresh air flow. Unite Fitness will offer HIIT classes there this fall.
Those interested in attending the group fitness classes at the Armory can expect a tough workout. Plus, lots of health and safety precautions, including:
• Capped Class Size – All classes will be capped at 25 participants.
• Temperature Checks – All participants will have their temperature taken before each class.
• Workout Zones – All reserved attendees will be assigned to their own specific area while working out, ensuring greater social distancing.
• Masks – All coaches, staff and participants are asked to wear a mask when not in their designated workout zone, including on their way into the Armory and when walking around the space.
• Sanitation Stations – Participants will find hand sanitizing stations throughout the Armory, as well as bathrooms to wash their hands before and after workouts.
• Extensive Cleaning – All equipment used will be wiped down after every use and the floor/facility will be cleaned several times per day.
More information on Unite Fitness and class registration is available on the gym's website.