December 04, 2016
CINCINNATI - The Philadelphia Eagles head into Cincinnati to face the Bengals without Jordan Matthews, which means that the Eagles' passing attack will be in the hands of Dorial Green-Beckham, Nelson Agholor, Bryce Treggs, and Paul Turner.
Here are the Eagles-Packers inactives:
• WR Jordan Matthews: Obviously, with so few other weapons at the Eagles' disposal, not having Matthews today will be a big blow to the Eagles' passing offense.
• RB Ryan Mathews: Mathews is out with an MCL sprain, suffered against the Seahawks last week. On the season, he has 102 carries for 427 yards (4.2 YPC) and seven touchdowns. Darren Sproles was also injured last week, but Doug Pederson expects Sproles to be a go with a full workload Monday night.
• OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai: With Vaitai out, Allen Barbre will slide over to RT, with Stefen Wisniewski filling in at LG.
• DT Taylor Hart: Hart was signed a few weeks ago in anticipation of Logan being out, but he has not yet been available for any game yet. Now he's a healthy scratch.
• DE Steven Means: Means toggles back and forth between being active and inactive. With a relatively healthy lineup, Means will be inactive tonight.
• OT Dillon Gordon: Gordon is a versatile player the Eagles want to develop over time, but he'll be inactive for the foreseeable future.
• OG Josh Andrews: After being active last week, Andrews returns to the inactive list.
• RT Lane Johnson (suspended 10 games): Six games down on Johnson's suspension, four to go.
• CB Ron Brooks (IR): As a player, Brooks isn't exactly a world-beater, as he doesn't have a single interception, sack, or forced fumble over his five-year NFL career, however, his loss will further deplete an already thin group at cornerback. In Brooks' absence, Malcolm Jenkins has dropped down into the slot in nickel packages, with Jaylen Watkins coming off the bench to play safety.
• WR A.J. Green: Green is an elite receiver who has had over 1000 yards in every season of his five-year career. He needs 32 yards ot get to 1000 in his sixth.
• DE Wallace Gilberry: Gilberry has knocked around the league, playing for five teams. He will turn 32 on Monday.
• S Darren Smith: Sixth round draft pick in 2015, safety depth.
• LS Clark Harris: The Manahawkin, NJ native long snapper is unlikely to play. That's less than ideal for a team with a kicker who is under 80 percent on the season on his field goals and has four missed PATs.
• TE T.J. Uzomah: Back of the roster guy.
• OG Christian Westerman: Back of the roster guy.
• Jeff Driskel: Third quarterback.
We'll update the rest of the Bengals' inactives when they are made available.
• RB Giovani Bernard: Bernard is a versatile running back with very good receiving ability who tore his ACL and is done for the season.
• CB William Jackson III: Jackson was the Bengals' first-round pick this year. He injured his pectoral muscle in August and has not yet played in the NFL.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski
Like Jimmy on Facebook.