November 13, 2016
For the second straight week, the Philadelphia Eagles will be down a pair of offensive line starters, in Lane Johnson (suspension) and Allen Barbre (hamstring). The Atlanta Falcons will be missing a few key players as well.
Here are the Eagles' and Falcons' Week 10 inactives:
• OG Allen Barbre: Stefen Wisniewski will start in Barbre's place at LG, and will also serve as the primary backup center to Jason Kelce. The next man up at either guard spot would be Isaac Seumalo, with Matt Tobin being the primary backup both at LT and RT.
• S Terrence Brooks: Special teamer only so far this season.
• LB Kamu Grugier-Hill: The Eagles acquired Grugier-Hill off of waivers after 53-man cutdowns to contribute on special teams.
• DT Taylor Hart: Hart was signed a few weeks ago in anticipation of Logan being out, but he has not yet been available for any game yet.
• DE Steven Means: Means returns to the inactive list after being active the last three weeks.
• OL Dillon Gordon: Gordon is a versatile player the Eagles want to develop over time, but he'll be inactive for the foreseeable future.
• OL Josh Andrews: This will be the second game that rookie third round pick Isaac Seumalo is active.
• RT Lane Johnson (suspended 10 games): The Halapoulivaati Vaitai project continues.
• CB Ron Brooks (IR): As a player, Brooks isn't exactly a world-beater, as he doesn't have a single interception, sack, or forced fumble over his five-year NFL career, however, his loss will further deplete an already thin group at cornerback. In Brooks' absence, Malcolm Jenkins has dropped down into the slot in nickel packages, with Jaylen Watkins coming off the bench to play safety.
• CB Desmond Trufant: Trufant is the Falcons' best defensive back. On the season, he has 31 tackles, one interception, two forced fumbles, and two sacks.
• RB Tevin Coleman: As a rusher, Coleman has 59 carries for 234 yards (4.0 YPC), and 5 TDs. In the passing game, Coleman has 19 receptions for 330 yards (for a whopping 17.4 YPC), and 1 TD. He is tied for the NFL lead among running backs with seven receptions of 20+ yards.
• TE Jacob Tamme: Tamme has 22 receptions for 210 yards and 3 TDs. The Falcons love running three-tight end packages, so Tamme's absence will either hamper their effectiveness in those sets or cause the Falcons to abandon them completely.
• RB Stevan Ridley: It's somewhat surprising that Ridley is inactive with Coleman also out.
• S Sharrod Neasman: Back of the roster guy.
• DL Cliff Matthews: Ditto.
• OG Wes Schweitzer: Ditto.
• LB Sean Weatherspoon: Weatherspoon played in four games (starting two) before rupturing his Achilles Week 4 against the Panthers. He had 27 tackles.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski
Like Jimmy on Facebook.