More News:

May 27, 2015

Grill cleaning turns into emergency room visit

Grill brush bristle ended up lodged in woman's intestine

A Connecticut woman almost wound up dead because of how the cook cleaned the grill.

The culprit was an inch-long metal bristle from a grill brush that had lodged its way into a burger and was digested by Cheryl Harrison of Wallingford, according to local television station report by News8 published last week.

She was rushed to a hospital two days later for emergency surgery.

“Obviously, if it was in my mouth and I bit it, I wouldn’t have swallowed it,” Harrison told the television station. “It must have been positioned in that burger just perfect, and I ingested it and swallowed it.”

You can read more about the story here.