June 09, 2018
Emergency responders in Camden, N.J. rescued a man who had fallen onto PATCO train tracks and burned.
Around 11:30 p.m. on Friday, firefighters and medical personnel were called to the Camden City Hall PATCO station. A man had slipped on the platform and fallen onto the energized third rail. A third rail is used for trains and locomotives that are powered through electricity.
The rail always uses direct current electricity through a semi-continuous rigid conductor, so it can cause electrocution.
Maintenance crews with PATCO shut off the power on the tracks as the responders got the man off the tracks.
He was taken to Cooper University Hospital for treatment. There is still no word on his condition at this time.