November 11, 2016
The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University will host a "Wild Wizarding Weekend," beginning Nov. 25. The weekend events seem to be a tribute to the new "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie, which takes place in the Harry Potter universe.
Those looking for a family-friendly activity to do over Thanksgiving weekend can join the Academy for crafts, live animal shows and story time.
Here are the scheduled activities:
• Auditorium show "Bad Beasts" at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• Live owl show at 1 p.m.
• "Bunnies and Broomsticks" race at 2 p.m.
• Castle Classes: Medicinal Herbs and Plants, Defense Against Predators, Care of Domestic Creatures, Potions and Animal Transformation (all day)
• Sorted Out: Choose a favorite animal and attributes to get sorted into a house (all day)
• Magical Myths: Learn about the real animals that inspired the legends (all day)
• All About Owls: Interactive tech cart (all day)
• Magical Crafts (all day)
All "Wild Wizarding Weekend" events are free with museum admission, which is $11.95-$15.95 per person.
Friday, Nov. 25 through Sunday, Nov. 27
Free with museum admission
The Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway