December 10, 2015
A business based in Chester, Delaware County, has been named one of the best places to work in the country by Glassdoor, a website where employees leave reviews of the places they have worked.
With an employee review score of 4.1 out of 5, Power Home Remodeling Group was ranked No. 15 on a group of 50, beating out companies like Apple (No. 25), Twitter (No. 26) and Wegmans (No. 29).
Founded in 1992, the company focuses on remodeling homes with energy efficiency in mind. 2016 is the first year it has earned a spot on this list, but the company has been honored before: Fortune Magazine named it the No. 1 Workplace for Millennials in the U.S. Anonymous reviews left on Glassdoor praised the company's "strong leadership" and "inter-office camaraderie" among a "positive, professional and driven group of men and women."
California companies dominated the Top 50 list, but Power Home Remodeling showed that the East Coast can still compete with Silicon Valley. Here's a list of the Top 15 companies, with the winner on top:
• AirBnB, San Francisco
• Bain & Co., Boston
• Guidewire, Foster City, Calif.
• Hubspot, Cambridge, Mass.
• Facebook, Menlo Park, Calif.
• LinkedIn, Mountain View, Calif.
• Boston Consulting Group, Boston
• Google, Mountain View, Calif.
• Nestle Purina PetCare, St. Louis
• Zillow, Seattle
• Eastman Chemical, Kingsport, Tenn.
• World Wide Technology, Maryland Heights, Mo.
• In-N-Out Burger, Irvine, Calif.
• Mindbody, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
• Power Home Remodeling Group, Chester, Delaware County, Pa.
Find the full list here.