December 02, 2016
The Philadelphia Eagles will head to Cincinnati to face the Bengals this Sunday, and they may not have wide receiver Jordan Matthews, who did not practice Wednesday or Friday, and was limited on Thursday. Here is the Friday injury report:
• RB Ryan Mathews: Mathews is out with an MCL sprain, suffered against the Seahawks two weeks ago. On the season , Mathews has 102 carries for 427 yards (4.2 YPC) and seven touchdowns.
• OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai: With Vaitai out, Allen Barbre slide over to RT last week, with Stefen Wisniewski filling in at LG.
• WR Jordan Matthews: Matthews did not practice on Friday, which is a bad sign. Obviously, with so few other weapons at the Eagles' disposal, not having Matthews on Sunday would be a big blow to the Eagles' passing offense.
• RT Lane Johnson (suspended 10 games): Seven games down on Johnson's suspension, three to go.
• CB Ron Brooks (IR): As a player, Brooks isn't exactly a world-beater, as he doesn't have a single interception, sack, or forced fumble over his five-year NFL career, however, his loss will further deplete an already thin group at cornerback. In Brooks' absence, Malcolm Jenkins has dropped down into the slot in nickel packages, with Jaylen Watkins coming off the bench to play safety.
• WR A.J. Green: Green is an elite receiver who has had over 1000 yards in every season of his five-year career. He needs 32 yards ot get to 1000 in his sixth.
• DE Wallace Gilberry: Gilberry has knocked around the league, playing for five teams. He will turn 32 on Monday.
• S Darren Smith: Sixth round draft pick in 2015, safety depth.
• LS Clark Harris: The Manahawkin, NJ native long snapper is unlikely to play. That's less than ideal for a team with a kicker who is under 80 percent on the season on his field goals and has four missed PATs.
• TE T.J. Uzomah: Back of the roster guy.
• RB Giovani Bernard: Bernard is a versatile running back with very good receiving ability who tore his ACL and is done for the season.
• CB William Jackson III: Jackson was the Bengals' first round pick this year. He injured his pectoral muscle in August and has not yet played in the NFL.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski
Like Jimmy on Facebook.