More News:

March 27, 2016

Report: CO leak forces evacuations along Old City block

Work crews determine faulty heater responsible for leak

Several business and apartments in Old City were forced to evacuate occupants early Sunday morning after a carbon monoxide leak triggered a detector.

According to 6 ABC, the incident occurred around 1 a.m. along the 200 block of Chestnut Street.

Tenants in the apartments above the B Side Hookah Lounge and Barra Restaraunt were alerted by the CO detector and left the premises due to high levels of the toxic gas.

Work crews responded to the scene and later determined the leak was caused by a faulty heater.

There were no injuries in the incident.