January 29, 2019
According to Mike Reiss of ESPN, the Philadelphia Eagles are expected to hire former Dolphins defensive coordinator Matt Burke to be a "top aide" to Jim Schwartz.
Former Dolphins’ defensive coordinator Matt Burke is expected to join the Eagles’ staff as a top aide to DC Jim Schwartz, per @MikeReiss.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2019
It is unclear exactly what Burke's duties will be at the present time, but he does have a sweet beard. His résumé, per Wikipedia (sorry).
• Bridgton Academy (1998–1999): Assistant coach
• Boston College (2000–2002): Graduate assistant
• Harvard (2003): Assistant coach
• Tennessee Titans (2004–2005): Administrative assistant
• Tennessee Titans (2006–2008): Defense quality control coach
• Detroit Lions (2009–2013): Linebackers coach
• Cincinnati Bengals (2014–2015): Linebackers coach
• Miami Dolphins (2016): Linebackers coach
• Miami Dolphins (2017–present): Defensive coordinator
Schwartz hired Burke to be his linebackers coach in Detroit, and Burke remained there for the entire Schwartz head coaching tenure with the Lions. They also spent time together in Tennessee, when Schwartz was the Titans' defensive coordinator.
Under Burke in Miami, the Dolphins were 31st in defensive DVOA in 2018. They were 28th in 2017.
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice Sports
Add Jimmy's RSS feed to your feed reader