September 16, 2015
The Eagles made a number of roster moves the last two days, all involving players buried deep on the depth chart. Here's a recap of the moves that they made:
Molk tore his biceps, and is done for the year after being placed on season-ending IR. Molk was the primary backup to center Jason Kelce, and could fill in an emergency at guard.
There isn't a player in recent memory who has been on and off the Eagles' roster as much as Vandervelde. He will take over for Molk as Kelce's primary backup at center.
Bair's extension has a minimal amount of money involved, per Field Yates of ESPN.
Source: the Eagles signed DL Brandon Bair to a 1-year extension through 2016. $100k to sign, $50,000 workout bonus, $675,000 base salary.— Field Yates (@FieldYates) September 16, 2015
Bair is a good special teams presence on the FG block team, but he was inactive Week 1 in favor of second year player Taylor Hart.
A bunch of things happened here:
• The Dolphins poached RB Raheem Mostert off the Eagles' practice squad, and added him to their 53-man roster.
• They released TE Andrew Gleichert off the practice squad. Gleichert was one of three TEs the Eagles added as undrafted free agents after the draft.
• They waived-injured (ankle) Brian Mihalik off the practice squad. Mihalik was a tall, long, athletic defensive end the Eagles selected in the seventh round, but was raw.
• They signed defensive lineman Travis Raciti to their practice squad. Raciti was on the roster during Eagles training camp.
• They signed TE Connor Hamlett to the practice squad. Hamlett is already the third TE the Eagles have had on their practice squad this year.
• They added Kevin Monangai to the practice squad to take the place of Mostert. He played college ball at Villanova.
Follow Jimmy on Twitter: @JimmyKempski