January 11, 2019
Maybe 2019 is the year you finally take on the TCS New York City Marathon, the largest marathon in the world. It loops through the city's five boroughs, starting in Staten Island and finishing in Central Park.
Running in the famous race is a goal for many people across the United States and around the globe. More than 52,000 people ran in 2018.
This year's race will take place on Sunday, Nov. 3.
Monday, the application period opens. Through Thursday, Feb. 14, you can enter the drawing. Then on Wednesday, Feb. 27, you'll find out if you're in or out.
The drawing is free to enter. If you're picked, however, expect to pay $300 for the race's entry fee.
Included in the price:
• Entry to the marathon with fluid/fueling stations, medical support, entertainment, bag-check handling and security
• Official New Balance technical shirt
• Official transportation to the start from Midtown Manhattan, Lower Manhattan or the Meadowlands Sports Complex (New Jersey)
• Access to the start area with breakfast and entertainment
• Finisher's medal, plus food and beverages across the finish line
Sunday, Nov. 3