December 25, 2015
Welcome to PhillyVoice’s weekly quiz about quotes that appeared in our stories during the past week.
Strike that: These quotes have appeared in holiday stories we’ve run in the past several weeks. What a special time to be alive!
The answers are tucked at the bottom of the post (with the context available via hyperlink).
We will know – and tell everybody – if you scrolled down and illicitly claimed you went 10 for 10. Santa still keeps track of that, you know.
Your possible answers are:
G. Love, singer; Ahti Heinla, CEO, Starship Technologies; Brian Hickey, PhillyVoice staff writer; Dan Horne, Providence College marketing professor; Kenneth Maguire, therapist, Council for Relationships; Nameless Target spokesperson; Jessica Nolen, owner, The Little Bird Bakery & Cafe; Arantxa Ochoa, school director, Pennsylvania Ballet; Tom O'Toole, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, United Airlines; and Deena Weisberg, Ph.D., senior fellow, University of Pennsylvania’s Department of Psychology.
1. "There's nothing more special than creating something new in the holiday spirit."
2. "How does Santa not get sick? How do reindeer fly? They’ll start looking at it through the scientific method. You can help them out there if you want them to believe or not."
3. “You don’t mind that he’s spying on you and reporting back to Santa about your behavior like a conniving rat-fink tattletale?”
4. “You could become resentful of the person that you didn’t get that when all of that is really marketing done by consumerism, or companies, rather than what actually happens during the holidays.”
5. "They have to be innocent because they still have to think that the nutcracker is the best thing they’ve ever got in their lives.”
6. "We currently do not have plans to remove this sweater."
7. "Gift cards tend to be purchased when the giver has 'low knowledge' of the recipient's wants and needs, so this problem occurs fairly regularly."
8. “I’m obsessed with candied orange; I put it in everything!"
9. "In ways large and small, all of us … want to bring a bit of comfort and joy to our customers during this busy season of travel."
10. “Instead of getting the delivery by somebody coming up to your door and knocking on your door, you would get it by a robot."
1. G. Love.