February 12, 2019
Thursday will be "Share-A-Flower Day."
The PHS flower mobile will travel through Philadelphia, giving away thousands of free flowers. The flowers will be distributed in pairs, so that Philadelphians can keep one for themselves and give one to a friend or stranger.
Each stem will be tagged with a thoughtful message.
"The simple act of giving a flower can symbolize love, gratitude, friendship, generosity and so much more," stated PHS.
Here's where to find the flower mobile on Thursday:
• 7 a.m. – Photo op with the flower mobile at the top of the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps
• 7:30-8:30 a.m. – The Porch at 30th Street Station
• Noon to 3 p.m. – Jefferson Hospital (UPDATE: location changed to 9th and Walnut streets), Rittenhouse Square (18th and Walnut streets) and The Bourse
• 4-6 p.m. – Temple University (Liacouras Walk near the bronze "Red Owl" statue), Drexel University (33rd and Market streets) and Passyunk Square's Singing Fountain (E. Passyunk Ave. and Tasker St.)
• 7 p.m. – Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest