May 11, 2016
SOUTH Kitchen & Jazz Parlor will host a new Regional Southern Menu Series through the summer. On one Wednesday of each month, Chef Paul Martin will create a prix-fixe menu that highlights a different region of the American South.
Beginning in June, the Regional Southern Menu Series will feature multi-course meals for $35 per person, with a special regional cocktail available. Each dish will also be offered a la carte, as additions to the dinner menu.
Here's what to look forward to in June, July and August at SOUTH:
• Cochon de lait tartines on sourdough rye with pickled collards and red wine mustard
• Stuffed crabs with hot sauce bearnaise and fennel coleslaw
• Steak Louis a la Vermillionville, grilled filet with Louisiana crawfish, smoked mushrooms, country potatoes and brandy cream
• Beignets with Cafe du Monde Crème
In honor of the first Regional Southern Menu, SOUTH will also serve a Louisiana crawfish boil for $35 per person on June 7.
• Smoked corn soup with she-crab salad, sherry and buttermilk
• Wood-grilled pork with soy mustard, peaches, rice middlins and benne
• Roasted Carolina wreckfish with peas and hominy, brassica slaw and sauce etouffee