December 07, 2017
The ride-sharing app Lyft has announced the 2017 winners of its annual "Lyftie" awards, honoring the most visited spots across the country and in cities where the service is available.
No spot in Philly earned one of the top nationwide awards, such as "most likely place to spot a celebrity" (Los Angeles, duh) or "most visited museum" (New York). And none of the local winners are particularly surprising, with touristy and Center City joints dominating Philly's list.
Without further ado, here are the most visited spots in Philly, according to Lyft:
• Most Visited Bar: Woody's — Popular gay bar and nightclub in Center City
• Most Visited Restaurant: El Vez — Sit-down, trendy Mexican eatery in Center City
• Most Visited Event Venue: Wells Fargo Center — The combination of big-name concerts and two professional sports teams makes the Center a shoo-in for this category
• Most Visited University: Temple — Go Owls!
• Only In Philadelphia: Reading Terminal Market — It's unclear exactly how Lyft determines this category, but, uh, yeah, this is only in Philadelphia.
• Trending Destination: King of Prussia Mall — Not technically in Philly, and not sure how this is "trending" since KOP has been around forever. I can't wait for the triumphant return of The Gallery and for downtown Philly to have a mall of its own once again.
You can check out the full list of awards for other cities and states here.